Monday, May 30, 2011

"Bliss"fully Satisfied



So, I have a confession to make ... when Close to My Heart's new Idea Book came out and I got all of my new paper packs, I didn't like "Bliss." I tried to like it; I used it once or twice to see if that made me like it better; I still didn't like Bliss. Well, for our Sassy Crop next weekend, Tonya (my upline) asked if I would bring some Bliss artwork to share. So, I set myself a goal to make a "Bliss" layout that I LOVED. Not liked. LOVED.

And I think I have succeeded! I actually wound up making two layouts, one dedicated to my mother, and one to my father. When I sat down to work with the papers, I finally pinpointed the problem I was having. Bliss has all neutral colors, and unless I am doing a wedding album, or a heritage album (which are both pretty specialized projects and not part of my regular scrapping repertoire), my layouts are usually focused around a more vibrant color. Then, I realized that all of that "neutral" gives me the perfect opportunity to highlight any color I choose! So, for my mother's layout, I emphasized the chocolate in the Bliss palette. For my father's layout, I added a couple of sheets of "New England Ivy" green cardstock. I was thrilled with the results! What do you think? Do you like it? Let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment