Sunday, March 15, 2009

Encouragers

My friend Bev made me the *cutest* card and gave it to me at church this morning. I was so delighted by it. She stamped a darling little green frog and gave him sparkles for eyes, distressed the edges of her paper and set her front panel in a gorgeous frame that she had used corner punches to make. It accompanied a thoughtful gift, a warmer for my feet, which Bev knows are always cold.

What an encouragement from a friend! I felt so special (and so proud of Bev for all that she has learned about scrapbooking!) Our Sunday School lesson this morning was on encouragers and discouragers. One of the things I love MOST about the time I spend scrapbooking is the people who share that time with me. Encouragers ... friends ... quick to offer a smile and a word of support, whether it is for the layout I'm working on or a difficult life situation I'm facing.

I prayed several years ago, when JD and I bought our current house, that God would bless me with some girlfriends here, women with whom I could share my time and my heart ... He has answered my prayer in ways I couldn't have dreamed! What an awesome God! I'm so thankful for the "encouragers" He has put in my life ... like Bev! :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment